In 2014 NYPhotonics began working on (or instigating) a number of projects for the International Year of Light in Rochester. A broad view looks like this:
- Rochester Museum & Science Center IYOL2015 Advisory Committee
- OPI Company Tours in May 2015
- Illuminations, a permanent exhibition of interactive OPI science demonstrations previewing now in the Patricia Hale Gallery at RMSC
- Cubes: A Visual Exploration of Possibility at the Rochester Contemporary
- A Street Light Festival (July 17 & 18)
- “..of Light” a commissioned piece of music for Jazz Ensemble by Dave Rivello, Assistant Professor of Jazz and Contemporary Media, Eastman School of Music. This piece will debut during two performances in Kilbourn Hall during the First Niagara Fringe Festival on Friday, September 18th.
We have a unique opportunity to showcase New York Photonics during the International Year of Light, and your sponsorship of the Illuminations exhibit at the RMSC and the music debut during Fringe Festival are needed! Here is more detail on what the sponsorship opportunities look like:
First, a caveat: The Rochester Museum and Science Center does not need our money to fund this exhibition. The exhibits were conceived and built by RMSC staff and the RMSC Technical Assistance Group (TAG) as part of the RMSC’s celebration of the International Year of Light. Previewing now in the Patricia Hale gallery at the RMSC, the Illuminations exhibition will become a permanent installation within RMSC later this year in a renovated space on the 2nd floor of the Museum.
In February, honoring the International Year of Light, the RRPC board of directors passed a resolution to adopt the RMSC Strasenburgh Planetarium as an international center for astronomy, multimedia and interdisciplinary arts and sciences.
We can think of no better gesture to begin this new focus on the RMSC than sponsoring the Illuminations exhibit. With more than 375,000 visitors per year to the RMSC, sponsorship offers great exposure for NYPhotonics and its membership companies:
- Each exhibit is an entertaining and educational experiment in physics and light
- Your company name, logo and profile will accompany each exhibit, and where possible, associate your business with the specific photonic experiment.
- This PERMANENT exhibition will be sponsored by NYPhotonics and its members, with specific companies sponsoring each individual exhibit
Youtube Video Here Take a close look at the exhibitions here
2) “…. And Light” A World Premiere Celebrating the International Year of Light presented at the First Niagara Rochester Fringe Festival
We are seeking 3 contributions of $5,000 each to support this world premier. The music has already been commissioned. What will you get for your contribution?
- Verbal and printed recognition at the performances
- Credited sponsorship for specific composition movements (it is in six parts)
- VIP seating for the performances (your choice early and/or late)
- Meet and Greet with artists, composer and musicians the night of the performance
- A signed and framed copy of the frontispiece of sheet music from the composition, thanking you for your support of the International Year of Light
- Exclusive CD of the performance from Eastman School of Music
- CDs of recent ESM Jazz Department releases
- Acknowledgement in a joint press release issued by the Eastman School of Music and NYPhotonics, the promotional name for RRPC across the globe.
Read more detail about the music, the composer and the event, here.
Call Tom Battley to secure your sponsorship or answer any questions. 585.329.4029