To celebrate the OSA’s 100th anniversary, WiSTEE Connect (Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Entrepreneurship) is collaborating with the OSA Foundation to organize an international symposium “Global Women of Light” at the 2016 Frontiers in Optics on 17 October, 2016 in Rochester, NY, US. The program will be hosted at the Hyatt Regency Rochester from 11:00-17:00.
The overall goal of the “Global Women of Light” symposium is to shine light upon women’s careers in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and entrepreneurship, recruit women across career ranks and disciplines, and build a sustainable community of women in both academia and industry from which career growth, mobility, and leadership opportunities.
Speakers at this extraordinary event:
- Christine Whitman, Chairwoman of the Board of Trustees of Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Carmiña Londoño: Program Director for the NSF Engineering Research Centers Program.
- Elizabeth Rogan: Chief Executive Officer of OSA, The Optical Society.
- Gisele Benett: Associate Vice President for Research, Faculty Interaction and a Professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech.
- Janet S. Fender: Chief Scientist and Scientific Advisor to the Commander, Air Combat Command USAF. Past President of OSA, The Optical Society.
WiSTEE Connect (http://www.wisteeconnect.org) is an organization which serves to connect female students, faculty members, scientists, and engineers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Entrepreneurship (STEE) from universities, government labs, and private companies. The vision of WiSTEE Connect is to promote women leadership in STEE and assist women involved in these areas to gain regional and/or global connections and recognition. This organization, started in upstate New York, helps to bridge the gap between science and entrepreneurship while providing a forum though which women in these fields may learn, connect, and lead.
>>Registration is Here<<